Busted! Don’t Believe These Electrical Myths!

  • Precise Electrical Solutions Inc.

Categories: Electrical Company Electrical Solutions Lighting Services

Busted! Don’t Believe These Electrical Myths!

As you navigate your way around your home, flicking switches on and off, plugging in appliances, and marveling at the miracle of electricity, it’s easy to take this technological wonder for granted. But the world of electricity is not without its misconceptions, folklore, and outright myths. In our electrified age, misunderstanding can lead to unnecessary fears, wasted energy, and even serious safety hazards.

The professionals at Precise Electrical Solutions Inc have set out to demystify the world of volts, amps, and ohms, by debunking some of the most common electrical myths. Prepare to have your preconceptions shocked as we illuminate the truth behind these electrical enigmas!

Myth 1: Electrical cords and power lines are always insulated

Many people assume that power lines are always insulated to keep them safe from weather and other external factors. However, this is not always the case. Power lines may not have insulation, and even if they do, the insulation can deteriorate over time due to changing weather conditions. This makes power lines a potential danger, especially when they fall to the ground due to accidents or harsh weather. If you come across a fallen power line, it’s important to call a professional who can handle it safely.

Similarly, extension cords used in the home may not always be as insulated as you think. It’s important to check the insulation level of extension cords before purchasing them, especially if you plan to use them outdoors. Opt for a heavier and more insulated extension cord to ensure safety from the weather and extend the cord’s lifespan. Remember, safety should always come first when dealing with electrical cords and power lines.

Myth 2: Low-voltage shocks are harmless

You may occasionally plug in your phone or lamp at night and suffer a small shock that startles you but doesn’t otherwise cause any harm. While a small electrical shock can be brushed off as a harmless jolt, there may come an instance where the shock causes lasting damage. The electrical current in outlets can be dangerous enough to stimulate involuntary muscle reactions that can cause bruises, seizures, and even death. Parents often must watch their children around outlets to keep them safe, but adults should be just as wary of accidentally getting an electrical shock. Always avoid live wires and call a technician if an electrical emergency has occurred in the home.

Myth 3: Only old wiring can go bad

This is a common misconception that can lead to a false sense of security in newer homes. The truth is that any wiring, regardless of age, can go bad at any point. Wires can become overloaded or damaged by rodents, causing them to become a fire hazard. It’s important to regularly check outlets and appliance cords to ensure they are in good condition. The best way to minimize electrical danger in the home is to have regular maintenance checks performed by a qualified technician. Don’t wait until a problem arises; be proactive and stay on top of your home’s electrical system.

At Precise Electrical Solutions Inc, we take electrical safety seriously. Don’t be fooled by these common myths about electrical cords, power lines, and wiring. Always prioritize safety by ensuring your electrical system is up-to-date, well-maintained, and handled by a professional.

Get in touch with us today!

To learn more about the services we offer, please click here. To get in touch with us, please click here or give us a call at (613) 301-7913.



READ MORE BLOG ARTICLES